Monday, June 2, 2014

Five Simple Questions to Remain Balanced and Focused in Medicine and Pharmacy






The professions of medicine and pharmacy require skills in the subtle delineation of diagnostic criterion, the application of complex scientific findings, and an empathic and nurturing ability to care for others. Yet, we should return, again and again, to these five simple questions: developed in this hierarchical order to help us become and remain balanced and focused on what is most important in creating and enhancing the compassionate care of others.


Who Am I?


Why Am I Here?


Where Do I Come From and Where Am I Going?


What Do I Need and What Do I Love?


What Are My Gifts to the “Family of the Earth”?





Adapted from: Mueller, W. How Then Shall We Live? : Four Simple Questions That Reveal the Beauty and Meaning of Our Lives. Bantam Books; 1997.






No comments:

Post a Comment